The Rime of the Postmodern Mariner

More ramblings of Rhys Hughes.

Monday, March 26, 2007

How Very Unshipshape!

Well, I've been neglecting this blog rather too much! The Postmodern Mariner now looks set to be published in the summer. Hurrah! As for where the book launch will take place... I doubt it will happen in the Dylan Thomas Centre (though I'll certainly try to get it launched there). My publisher Steve Upham jokingly suggested the beach. That's not such a bad idea! It would certainly be an eccentric place for a book launch and might even attract local newspaper interest for that very reason! I can imagine the photographs too! The more I think about the idea, the more it appeals. However, we do have the Welsh weather to contend with...

When I originally set up this blog, I imagined it would contain passages of new fiction -- a sort of bonus for anyone who troubled to type in the URL given in the story 'Rommel Cobra's Swimming Carnival'... These new passages were going to include conversations with all the pirates that the Postmodern Mariner has dealings with. So far I have only created one of those conversations, so I guess the next post ought to be the second conversation! I also stated that there would be a prize for the first person to leave a comment on this blog. Someone has already done that -- and I'm going to arrange a prize for that person. But I'm also going to give a prize to the first person to leave a comment after the book has been published! That way seems more fair to everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin Roberts said...

Hi Rhys,

The beech sounds like a brilliant idea for a book launch...

...I'll film it for you if it goes ahead!

Take Care,
Martin

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home